School Community Council (SCC)
The purpose for school community councils are:
- To build consistent and effective communication among parents, employees and administrators
- To allow parents an opportunity to be actively involved, with the school, in their children's education
- To make good schools great
- Determine how to best utilize the $43,785.19 of funding from State Land Trust for the 2022-23 school year.
Ensign’s School Community Council (SCC) is a consortium of Ensign’s faculty, staff and parents or grandparents who meet monthly to create a LAND Trust plan. SCC works collaboratively to determine our school’s greatest academic needs and the tools and resources our school community needs. SCC also collaborates with the Ensign PTA.
Participating parent/grandparent members serve two-year terms. Meetings are conducted using USBE’s recommended Rules of Order.
The SCC also reviews and approves the School Improvement plans for each school year. Below are links to the previous two year's plans.
- 2020-2021 School Improvement Plan
- 2021-2022 School Improvement Plan
- 2022-2023 School Improvement Plan
For meeting agendas and minutes, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Do you want to be an important part of helping our Ensign School learning community become an even better place for our children?
Nominations ended on September 15, 2022
SCC FACULTY MEMBERS
|Erik Jacobson, Principalemail@example.com (801) 578-8150|
|Alissa Kean, SICfirstname.lastname@example.org (801) 578-8150|
|Jon Nepstad||Parent Member||
|Gannet Hallar||Parent Member||
|Katherine Kennedy||SLC School Board Memberemail@example.com (801) 554-0100|